Name: You can call me Kiro~
Occupation: Student, slave at Golden Arches.
How did you find out about this community? (Specify usernames if you remember them.) I was on toffeethesnob's page and saw this comm and decided to check it out. I know it's like halfway through this game, but I promise I'll do my best for which ever team I'm assigned!
1) List and expand upon your three best traits / strengths. (These should be personality-related, not physical.) Quick thinker, sharp, compassionate. I am very fast on the uptake and things tend to click with me very quickly. I'm good with witty thoughts, so I tend to win arguments. I also tend to make realizations that are surprisingly perceptive, and I am often told I'm a great judge of character. As for compassion, you know that one friend that everyone goes to for advice? Yeah, that's me. Need a shoulder to cry on, or someone to vent your frustrations to, I'm your gal! (Though I often laugh because my friends come to me for relationship advice, and while I'm glad they feel that comfortable, but... I've never dated anyone. Haha. But people keep coming, so I guess I'm doing a pretty good job?)
2) List and expand upon your three worst traits / weaknesses. Slow to trust, blunt, picks up too many projects at once. I'm not always slow to trust, but because of my ability to judge people's character very quickly, any opinions I form can be very hard to break. I've listed blunt because I'm not really afraid to speak my mind, either, unless you're already my friend, in which case I'll lie if the truth will offend you (though not if it will hurt you if I lie, because then I would tell the truth). The last point probably makes enough sense on it's on, but I'm one of those people who always has ten balls in the air... And sucks at juggling.
3) Rate yourself on the following traits by putting an 'X' in the box you think fits best. (E.g. if you are slightly more introverted than extroverted, put an 'X' in the second box.) Explain your choice as well.
Introverted [x] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Extroverted
Explain: I don't really spend a lot of time with people... Unless I plan for it. I prefer being alone, but when I want to talk to someone, I do. I don't really ever attend parties unless it's for a close friend's birthday or something similar, and I'd rather spend my evenings at home than out on the town. I don't talk much unless it's on something I feel is important -- then you'll never get me to shut up!
Cheerful [ ] [ ] [x] [ ] [ ] Gloomy
Explain: It depends on the situation! When it comes to dealing face to face with other people, I'm typically pretty cheerful, and at work I've had customers comment on how bubbly I seem. But when it comes to thinking about the world and all the people in it... I can get pretty dark.
Reserved [ ] [ ] [x] [ ] [ ] Impulsive
Explain: There can be times when I think out my actions before I do them, such as planning a trip or working on a project. There are also times when I can be completely spontaneous, such as making plans with friends or picking up new projects. So, I guess it depends on the situation?
Energetic [ ] [x] [ ] [ ] [ ] Calm
Explain: Just because I like staying home more than going out doesn't mean I'm not a super energetic person! I barely sleep, and when I am out, I go all out. There can be times when I'm calm, though, too, such as when I'm just at home, relaxing, but I'm typically more energetic.
Logical/Thinking [x] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Emotional/Feeling
Explain: I am not a person who lets emotions guide me. Oh, sure, I can be sympathetic if someone needs me to be, but when it comes to problem solving I am very logical and goal oriented. I am not easily swayed by emotional appeals, and if I think a friend is being manipulated or taken advantage of, I'm not sympathetic at all, and I'll tell them straight up that I think they're being taken advantage of and that they really need to realize that they're in a bad place.
Grudge-holding [ ] [ ] [x] [ ] [ ] Forgiving
Explain: It... Really depends on the situation. Getting tired of that answer yet? A lot of it depends how close I am with the person who is wronging me. The closer to me you are, the more I hold a grudge. I don't trust easily, so I don't take kindly to being betrayed in any way by people who have earned my trust. If I rarely see you or I don't like you already, I'm more likely to forgive you, but... I wouldn't really call it forgiveness, because I'm either ignoring what you said (because I don't like you), or I've already told you off for it and I feel we're even.
4) Describe how you typically work in teams. Is it generally a good experience, or do you prefer working by yourself? Do you like to lead and make decisions or do you prefer to let others make decisions so that you can do the legwork? You may find it helpful to give an example of a team you worked on recently and how that went. I... Really don't like working in teams, most of the time. During class projects, for example, I prefer working on my own about a million times over. I'm a very leader-y type person, but I can also be pretty demanding, and I have high expectations because I am used to certain grades (90s+), so I don't take well to people who don't pull their own weight. As such, I don't like relying on other people, because I feel as though they will only disappoint me. On the other hand, if I'm working with people I like/friends I trust to do a good job, I don't mind group projects. But, on the whole, I way prefer working by myself.
5) Spider-Man Decision: If you had to choose between saving two dozen innocent children and saving your best friend/significant other/person closest to you, which would you pick and why? My friend/person closest to me. I'd feel guilty, but... I value the friendships I make more than anything. I don't like losing people I care about.
6) Your friend has had their feelings hurt and comes to you for consolation. What do you do? Let's say, two days later they come to you again still upset over the same issue. What would you do in that case? The first time, no matter what it was, I would hear them out and comment if they wanted me to, but I would make sure I was sympathetic and encouraging (except in cases where I think they are being abused in any way, in which case I am immediately honest and unsympathetic, in a way -- I will tell them that they need to get out of that situation, as harshly as necessary). If they came back a second time with the same problem, I usually am still sympathetic but also more honest, and will comment even if not prompted. If they come back after that, I usually get more firm and less sympathetic, until eventually I just stop listening to them altogether, after telling them that they need to stop whatever is causing them to be distressed. (I've abandoned people for months when I think that they are being stupid and refusing to get out of a bad situation, but only after telling them multiple times what I think. If they're going to ignore my advice and waste my time, I'm not going to listen to them whine any more.)
7) What interests/hobbies do you have? How do you like to spend your free time? Games, anime/manga, writing and reading (sometimes fanfiction, sometimes news articles, sometimes novels, who knows!). Free time is typically spent reading or playing games (who else here has Theatrhythm? :D), or on tumblr.
8) Describe one to three careers you would find ideal, with a little explanation of why it appeals to you. Anything that can put my quick thinking to use -- maybe a therapist? I genuinely like helping people with their problems, but I would also know when enough is enough and would crack down accordingly. Or a teacher, which is actually what I'm aiming to be, because I enjoy helping people learn new things, and challenge them to make their own opinions rather than just listen to what people tell them.
9) List one to three favorite Final Fantasy games and why you like them. Sequels/spin-offs/non-numbered/KH/Dissid
10) List one to three of your favorite Final Fantasy characters and why: Kuja, Zidane, Yuffie. Kuja is just so complex and broken that I absolutely cannot help but love him to pieces. He is just a really fantastic villain in a lot of ways! I won't elaborate though, because this app is long enough already and I could go on for days. Zidane and Yuffie! Both cheery thieves with bright dispositions. Below I mention that I disliked Bartz for a similar reason, but if you're surprised to see Zidane and Yuffie here, there's a supreme difference: Zidane and Yuffie also have "oh my god I hate the world and all of you" moments. They're not above getting really depressed; in fact, if I were in their shoes, I'd probably be way more angsty and pissed than they ever are. It's that strength to carry their own burdens with a smile that makes me adore them. (Rikku, too, but this said 1-3.)
11) One to three characters you relate to (you may reuse answers from #8 if applicable) and why: Rikku, Tifa, and Lightning. Rikku because we're both bubbly but can be serious and even depressing sometimes. Tifa because I support my friends unconditionally. Lightning because I like being in charge and when I get serious I don't take crap from anyone.
12) The FF game you liked playing least: FFVIII (8). The system, just... why?
13) One to three FF characters you dislike and why: Bartz. Oh my god I can't even tolerate him. If there's something I can't stand, it's people who are all cheerful all the time! or at least act like it, and I really hate mimics. I also don't like Squall; he's too broody for my tastes.
14) Favorite weapon in a Final Fantasy game (either the name if you liked the name, or a picture if you liked the look of it, or a description if it had awesome stats/abilities): Zidane's ultimate from Dissidia 012, Ozma's Splinter! Boost Brv on Dodge and Sneak Attack effect?! Yes please!
15) Your favorite Final Fantasy summon (e.g. Ifrit, Carbuncle, Bahamut, etc.): Bahamut! Strong, non-elemental (so it's equally good against everything!), looks awesome.
16) Your favorite spell/ability/technique that can be learned in a Final Fantasy game (e.g. Esuna, Steal, special finishes/overdrives such as Tifa's Final Heaven limit break, etc.): Crisis Core... Zack's cacutar summoning. Does that count? If not, Ultima, but THAT DANCE. Seriously the best.
17) A Final Fantasy mini-game/sidequest you invested entirely too much time into: Chocobo Hot & Cold. Waaaaayyyyy too much time... Haha ;; And once I figured it out, Blitzball!
18) Your favorite Cid: Cid Fabool IX! I mean, getting turned into an oglop for cheating on your wife? You had it coming, plus it's hilarious.
19) Optional: Up to one class you think does not fit you, with reasoning why. White Mage, because I am not the type to say whatever will avoid a conflict. If I feel strongly about something, I'll say it. I'm way too passionate to just follow along happily; I need to be at the head of any adventure and hate people who don't stand up for what they believe in.
... This got... Really TL;DR. Sorry everyone! ;;
Current Mood: cheerful